16 LED Chaser Module
Kit makes 16 LEDs that chase in multiple sequences and at adjustable speeds
The Ghost Buster'sTM Proton PakTM type Sequence is now available as an option:
The sequence looks like a VU meter and turns multiple LEDs on at a time. 1 to 16 LEDs will be lit at the same time and go up and down to simulate the Blue LED Lights in the Ghost Buster'sTM Proton PakTM. The option is a special chip programmed with the special sequence in it. If you already have the standard BK-116, the chip can be replaced with no other modifications required. Video of optional sequence with 5mm Blue LEDs at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9m_- rvF61w Now also added an additional sequence to stack up from 1-16 and repeat. Also added adjustable speed to the sequence.
Kit requires assembly, but can be purchased assembled and tested as an option.
Note: The pattern and speed settings are retained in the chip memory when the unit is shut off, so it will start back in the same speed and pattern when the unit is turned back on!
Sixteen LEDs chase in multiple programmed sequences. Sequence #1 Straight chasing LEDs 1 though 16 and repeat. Sequence #2 Bi Directional Chasing LEDs 1 to 16 then LEDs 16 to 1 then repeat. Sequence #3 Random caotic looking pattern of individual LEDs flashing in no particular order. Speed and program sequences are selectable by the user with a simple button pushes.
See Demo Video of standard BK116 patterns on Youtube at:
New Proton PackTM Sequence video
- 16 LED outputs.
- Micro-proccessor controlled circuit with preprogrammed sequences.
- Voltage regulator on circuit board to enable voltages from 6 to 14 VDC to be used
- Adjustable cycle time from a very slow chase to almost a blurr
- Complete with 16 Standard 5mm Red LEDs (other LED colors and sizes available as options)
Power supply Required:
- 6 to 14 volts DC required operate the circuit. The DC accessory output on most power packs will work. A 9 volt battery will all work and last for up to 16 hours of continuous use.
-16 Sixteen 5mm Standard Red LEDs. Circuit will work with 3mm or 5mm LEDs of any color.
- 16 spaces for up to 5mm LEDs
- Circuit board measures 1" wide x 4 1/16" long approx 1/2" high with LEDs on board.
- LED section of the circuit board can be separated from control section to allow remote mounting of the LED bar. Only 5 wires from the control board to the LED bar are require to remote mount the LEDs. Circuit board includes two sets of five predrilled holes for easy remote wiring.
Included in Kit
The BK116 Kit comes with the circuit board, all components, 16 Red 5mm Standard LEDs, PreProgrammed Micro Chip and complete instructions. Assembly is required unless Assembled & Tested option is selected. Assembly requires a small 15 to 25 watt soldering iron and small dia solder suitable for electronic circuits. Basic soldering skills are required. See photo of parts below.
- Assembled & Tested
- Power Supply for 120-220 volt AC operation.
- Additional LEDs in 3mm & 5mm and different colors
- Custom Programming
- Control Board and LED board separated for remote use of the LED bar.
-Ghostbusters sequence chip & 16 Blue LEDs. (4" x 1" circuit board)
-Ghostbusters sequence chip & 12 LED Board with 5mm Blue LEDs for smaller packs. (3" x 1" circuit board)
Circuit board can also be cut into two pieces, one being the LED bar and the other the control board. If board is cut, 5 small diameter wires will be needed to connect the boards and chase the LEDs. If board is not cut, no wires are required. LED bar can be remotely located 5 or more feet from the control board using 22-24 gauge telephone type wire.
The LED Bar can also be mounted on the bottom of the control board resulting in an assembly that is 5/8" wide by 4" Long and approximately 1" thick. Using two of these assemblies, they could make excellent chasing turn signals on a car truck or trailer. See the following photo example.
Back with Components